March 04, 2006









Sorry to anyone who actually checks my blog to see what we're up to. It's rather inconsistent, not unlike it's maker. I just find myself forgetting that some of you are occasionally interested in the little things we keep ourselves busy with.

This morning Steve took Em for a donut and a drive to watch as the Auxiliary Coast Guard prepared to go out and train on the great blue sea while Tommy and I napped away the morning. Steve could have been out there with them, but he decided to fool around with us all day instead. Pretty sweet. See those toy guns hanging from the jeep mirror? The other day I was walking across a parking lot to my car when I found a lady and her friend peeking through my windows and acting dramatically disturbed as they walked away. When they noticed me get into the jeep, one of them strode over and stood at my window waiting for me to roll it down so she could poke her head in for a closer look at what was causing her so much stress. "Oh", she said nodding at the plastic ornaments, "they're just models". Can you imagine someone hanging actual mini loaded guns from their rear-view mirror?!

After lunch, Steve and Em took a walk to the beach with her remote control car thing while I supposedly did housework. I actually turned on the tube and watched a perfectly normal, intelligent, 40ish woman in the process of getting her boobs done, and tried to fathom why she wanted more jerks to hit on her at the bar enough to go through all of that PAIN. Then I felt a little bit sad as I sometimes do when I'm finished being entertained by reality tv. People are so broken.

Afterwards, Emily and I washed the floors and cleaned her room together and I think I heard some X-box playing going on in the livingroom, one can never be sure.

I finally got myself out of the house around 4 o'clock. Lesa wants to blog that little story which I already shared with her and Jodi earlier tonite. I only agreed because of her incredible writing style and because she can make almost anything sound intriguing.

Check out the supper Steve and I made together from scratch. Why didn't anyone tell me that shrimp sauted in butter and garlic was easier to make than toast. They mellllted in our mouths. The only trick was to buy it on sale. I threw my whole stirfry into the soup broth. No Won Tons for me, ground meat is no longer my friend. Steve, Em and I got into Wor Won Ton soup (huge bowl of Won Ton made to share that includes piles of veggies, some beef and shrimp) binges together right after we left Rosenort, stopping at all these Chinese restaurants on the drive down here for more of the budget bloater. Upon arriving in Powell River, we discovered that Safeway carries all the ingredients and we finally made our own right there in our cheap motel room kitchen, neat memory.

Afterwards, Emily and I, too full to move, sat on the floor and created our own version of Mouse Trap while Steve tried not to fall asleep with the cats on her bed.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Looks like goood livin'...thanks for the update.

Develo said...

Mini-loaded guns from the rear-view mirror? Haven't seen that...but the gun rack in the truck rear window is common place in North Dakota for sure.

Heather said...

Hahaha - I think it's hilarious that the ladies actually stopped to see if the guns were real! Thanks (finally) for updating!!! Just kidding, but it's good to hear that life is treating you all well. Love you guys!

Ang said...

You're very welcome, thanks for not taking Ang's Blog off your links lists quite yet.
Your kidding Greg! Well, in Powell River, it's all about having your big dog in the car wherever you go. It gets ridiculous at the mall parking lot when every vehicle has a dog barking out the window and you can't hear yourself think!

Blog Archive