May 25, 2006


Pregnant, Impregnito, Preggarama, Preggie-Sue, Pregmatic, Green Preggs and Ham...

Here it is, my Official Pregnancy '06 Update, complete with a picture that will further prevent this from ever happening to you if you're squeamish.

28 weeks pregnant (see diag.). 7 months. 12 weeks to go. Third Trimester. I swear this one is trying to bust out early. Imagine trapping a crazed bunny just beneath the skin on your tummy, that's this guy. Bad analogy, crazy bunnies gross me out.

Everyone, everywhere politely asks me: "How are you feeling?" and my answer is often simply: "Pregnant". For me this means:

Physically: Tired, spent, big, round, ugly, cute.

Emotionally: Angrier than hell, sweeter than honey, really happy, kinda depressed, and occasionally a relieving wave of complete normalcy.

Hmm, maybe an actual photograph of me would be more telling. I think I look psychotic in every pic I've seen of me so far this pregnancy and take great pleasure in deleting each and every one.

In a nutshell, this has been my weirdest pregnancy yet, with forgetting I was even pregnant half the time, and the other half wondering how it's going to be possible to care for a baby with a dude like Tommy cleaning the toilet with his toothbrush and licking the garbage can the moment I take my eyes off of him.

This is what I know:

A) The overwhelming, indescribable love that happens to us moms when our baby arrives makes us nearly invincible, in a fatigued sort of way...

and B) Steve is incredible. He hasn't had a single hesitation since we found out we were having another baby. It's hard not to see that as a sign of good things to come.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANG,
YOU HAVE SUCH A GIFT FOR WRITING. I FIND YOUR BLOG SO INTERESTING !
PREGGIE SUE..........LOVE IT ! TAKE CARE.
LOVE AUNT DARLENE

Ang said...

Honestly, if you had a blog it would be just as interesting and probably better written! But still, I'm VERY flattered by your comment.

Anonymous said...

You look lovely

Heather said...

Love the diagram!

Elizabeth said...

This is one of my fave Ang posts to date.

Jeremy said...

Agreed with Lesa...wonderful post.

Ang said...

sweet-thanks

Jodi said...

i've been meaning to comment about this post forever, I agree with everyone, you are a great writer and this is also my fav post from you.

sorry i missed you last weekend, someday we will see each other again. oh yeah, at Lesa's wedding!! take care my dear...and I still can't believe you are having a 3rd child!!

Ang said...

HOLY guys, thanks jodi. can't wait to see you. you'll get to meet my sister too!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the whole bunch - you should really do more writing. Having two children can give a Mom lots to write about but you are going into braver territory than the majority of us have gone before - soon to be three children family. All your children are amazing people and the newest one will be equally so. We love y9ou

Aunt Rose

Blog Archive