September 28, 2006


My sweet baby, 5 weeks ago. I've been tearfully going through some pictures from that day and feel I have to gaa-gaa up my blog like never before.
The 3 greatest moments of my life are and always will be the times when Emily, Thomas and Simon were placed on my heart for the first time. The feeling is like jumping out of an airplane, winning the 20.5 million dollar lottery, eating something intennnsely delicious, finishing first in the Olympics triathalon, winning the Oscar for best actress, that initial infusion of warmth and delight that a glass of wine brings multiplied by 10,000 and die'n and go'n to heaven ALL AT ONCE. Well, you mom's know exactly what I'm talking about. And for you non-moms or not-yet-moms, if you're picturing a slightly drunken woman eating chocolate cheesecake and flying through the atmosphere with a gold medal around her neck and a big smile on her face, you're getting my drift.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't leave many comments but I check your blog every day! I get sooo excited when I find a new bunch of pics. Some people's blogs get soooo stagnant dontcha think? And yoooooo know who I'm talkin' about! I enjoy reading your writings Ang. Wow.......what a gift you have. What a gorgeous brood of kids too! We feel blessed to know you.....

Anonymous said...

Ang, you're so silly! I am getting SO anxious to meet our little babe. I watch A Baby Story on TLC and sit there bawling. Love this pic of Simon's first minutes. Brings tears to my eyes... I just can't wait...

Ang said...

Likewise Mo! Thank you for your comment, I always love them. You know just what to say and how to say it. SO blessed to have your friendship (and Cheyenney) on this tiny plot of coast in the middle of nowhere!

Ang said...

ohhhhhh Heather, i don't know if i can wait until maui to meet your baby...i've been checking flights...she'll need her auntie right away ;)

Krystle said...

I miss you guys. What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Anonymous said...

I dunno, what's the plan?

Krystle said...

my house-mom's outta town, I wanna make my first turkey

Elizabeth said...

This is award-winning writing, Ang.

Holy hannah.

Ang said...

Gratefully absorbing your compliment.