July 27, 2005






I can hardly believe that another best friend from Manitoba has moved our way. Jaime and Bruce (old childless pic) and their pumpkins have set up in Vancouver! She wasn't in BC two weeks before she took the kids on the great journey up the coast to our wee neck of the woods. I'm extremely sentimental about being girlfriends with Jaime for 18 years and watching our kids play together. (And I'm extremely happy that it's taking place in my favorite province!) Anyone who's been to Jaime's childhood Altona home will agree that her daughter Hizee looks identical to those huge cheesy photos of Jaime as a baby in their dining room. What she's lacking in hair, she makes up for in spunk!
The fun never stopped with these old pals. Zam-the sweetest little boy in the west- and Em spent a good portion of their time hauling toys and playing in the two refrigerator boxes we taped together. Tom was psychotically happy about little Hizee's mere presence. She also kept him amused by offering him toys such as rocks and pouring the bucket of crabs and barnacles collected from the beach on him. (She wasn't quite successful, luckily Jaime was on the ball!) And Emily freak'n loved Hizee. At one point she turned to me fully annoyed and plainly let me know-"I want a little SISTER".

3 comments:

Heather said...

Awwww... they are SO cute! Maybe I can give Emmy a little girl cousin sometime to make her happy. :) Or you could just go for three...

Anonymous said...

How adorable are Jaime's kids!!
can't wait to see them.

:) Jodi

Elizabeth said...

That's not Jaime? That is not a photograph of JAIME??? I've never seen such an uncanny resemblance between daughter and mother. She's going to be a real knockout.

Blog Archive