March 26, 2007

The sad news is this: Cheyenne's family is moving away and they've refused to let us keep her.
We've been promised visits and sleepovers and emails and pictures. But Powell River won't mean as much to me the moment they leave.
As for Emily, I hope she will give her other friends a chance to fill the space that having Cheyenne live 7 minutes and 30 seconds away has filled. It won't be easy.
We do wish you a happy journey Cheyenne and Monice and family! We've loved being a part of your lives and watching the love and friendship between our girls grow so deep.

3 comments:

Tannis said...

Okay, I'm fighting the tears here. I've watched Ivy saying a long farewell to an old buddy from the toddler years but also make good new ones this year. Did that make sense? I can only imagine how hard it is for Emily at the moment. I'm sorry the partnership is changing - she's the buddy in a lot of the pictures, right? Are they moving far?

Anonymous said...

I'm with Tannis on this one. I've never meet the little girl but I have enjoyed you taking pictures of her and Emily's fun times. She'll be missed by all.
You can tell we are females.

I am not sorry.
Mom

Ang said...

ick, don't even want to think about their farewell. We'll have to have the next playdate all planned out for that moment. She's not moving too unreasonably far away. Just one ferry required. siiiiiiigh, not something anyone around here wants to talk about much. Thankfully Em is handling it pretty good.

Blog Archive