January 20, 2006

Ugh, I've been sick almost all week. I rarely get sick. I've never had this kind of sick before. Shortness of breath, paaain in my chest when I cough, persistent sweats/shakes, everything tastes like metal. Apparantly not uncommon, but it's all new to me. Doc says it's going around, and the cough will last for quite a while. Emily got it right before our trip and now there's barely a quiet moment in our coughy, sneezy, snotty house. Except for now. Tommy's asleep. Em's at school. Steve's out. It's just me, my 738 trip pictures, my laundry, and my dirty kitchen floor. If only we would have brought the thingy to Maui that gets the photos out of the camera and into the computer, then I would'nt have to back-track like this. But on the other hand, it was a much needed break from all things that characterize my homelife, and now I get to have a little something, other than home hygenics, and, oh yeah, caring for 2 kids, to preoccupy me as I get a little healthier. We'll see if I can sum up our version of Maui 05-06 in about a week (or maybe two, because I'm starting to feel queasy again and have yet to get to that floor). More later!

7 comments:

Jeremy said...

Ugh is right...no fun to be feeling gross. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Looking forward to seeing a few of those pics at some point.

Anonymous said...

ANG,
GRANDMA WIEBE TOLD ME YOU WEREN'T FEELING WELL. I HAD NO IDEA HOW SICK YOU ARE !
HANG IN THERE KIDDO THIS TOO SHALL PASS. BUT, WITH KIDS THAT NEED YOU........IT SEEMS TO TAKE LONGER.
TAKE CARE AND FEEL BETTER SOON. I MEAN IT !
LOVE AUNT DARLENE

Ang said...

Cough, sputter, thanks Jer, you're sweet.

Ang said...

Thanks Aunt Darlene, a pity party is the best medicine.

Anonymous said...

Sick Yucky Sick... That is all we seem to have arond here laitly... one nasty one before christmas and one MONster of a plague after Christmas... I hope you are Feeling better though there is nothing Fun about Being Sick or having the Flu.. Hopefully you are Getting through it though... yur a tough cookie..
xoxo
All the Best
Lea

Ang said...

Thanks Lea, I hope your plague lifts in a hurry too.

Elizabeth said...

Get better soon, Ang. I hope you feel really good in no time... if it's anything like the cold that I had, about 2 to 4 litres of snot fly out of your head every thirty minutes. Vile.