January 02, 2007




Emily's passion for underwater life has been taken to a whole other level or a "Ho...nutha...lebel" (surely someone reading this watches MadTV?) this trip. She and Steve have been snorkling up a storm and you'd think she'd died and gone to Disneyland every afternoon when she comes back to tell me about the latest fish they discovered. Today they brought along an underwater camera and the pics are going to be awesome! I'm too scared to go without Steve (damn that Jaws, I just know he's looking for me) so I am forced to have a long dreamy nap every afternoon with the boys. I haven't really napped since Simon was born (did I mention I love napping?) so that's what is distinguishing this vacation from homelife. I don't have to use that window of time when they both snooze for housework. Can't much say the housekeeping staff have a great level of respect for me this trip...kinda letting things slide a little. Um, is it bad to throw ALL our clothes ALL over the floor knowing that they'll be folded and piled carefully for me every day?? Or to huck dirty diapers across the room knowing they'll somehow be found and disposed of properly? Or to complain if I find a little sand was missed even though we bring half the beach back into the room and tub with us every day? Or to complain about anything at all while we're here? Likely yes.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Enjoy, Ang! Sounds wonderful, and I'm suffering my usual jealous nostalgia this time of year when you all bask in Maui Glory.

Ang said...

The scene has definitely changed since your last trip here. It's all about the little ones now. Can't say we don't miss you each year!

Jeremy said...

Yeah, must be a totally different scene now...but still awesome in some of the same ways (weather, surf, outrageous food, good company, etc).

Elizabeth said...

Em is a turquoise dreamboat. What fun you must be having despite the negligence and hardships you faced.
;)

Blog Archive