June 05, 2005

I had the best time with my mom. It's been almost 20 years since she's been to the coast and it was so wonderful to be with her in a place that has never left her heart.
She bought us piles of groceries, did mountains of dishes and folding, spent hours making cool crafts with Em, and forced us to go on a date.
We talked and talked and laughed ourselves sick as always. I mostly enjoyed having someone so cheerful to hang out with me and Tom, drinking coffee in the wee hours of the morning when I usually have to listen to the blissful snores across the house by myself.
She got to witness a few of Tommy's milestones including some of his first tastes of real food. My mom took most of the pictures which only means that there are too many pics of us and too few of her.....

No comments:

Blog Archive